Before a neurodegenerative disease can be treated, it needs to be detected. Today, in most brain diseases, diagnosis relies largely on observing clinical symptoms, which occur when the neurodegeneration has already caused irreversible damages.
The earlier, the better
BrainDTech has discovered and patented a method for diagnosis, prognosis and treatment monitoring of neurodegenerative, neurological and inflammatory diseases based on miRNA inside microglia microvesicles, a new molecular mechanism which occurs in the very early stages of neuroinflammation.
Inflamed microglia release microvesicles, which can be collected from liquid biopsies. These microvesicle contain miRNAs, and the miRNA content changes inside microvesicles depending on the disease: there is a specific miRNA signature for each pathology.
The comprehension of these patterns enables unprecedent level of comprehension of brain disease scenarios.
Pathology specific miRNA panel development
Biomarkers that predict brain diseases prior to symptoms
Biomarkers that quantitatively evaluate therapy efficacy
Biomarkers for patient group clustering for clinical studies
Biomarkers for downstream ID of novel drug targets
Our pipelineBrainDTech is running several clinical studies, either directly sponsored or in partnership with leading international Key Opinion Leaders and pre-competitive consortia.
- BrainDTech participates at Bio 2020-Digital partnering meeting
- BrainDTech participates at Bio Europe 2020-Digital partnering meeting
- BrainDTech is invited to present at “Biotech-Il Futuro Migliore”
- BrainDTech participates at Bio 2019 partnering meting
- BrainDTech participates at Bio Europe 2019 partnering meeting
- BrainDTech participates at Bio Europe 2018 partnering meeting
- BrainDTech presents at European Biotech Meeting at MIND/Human Technopole, 27/09/2018
- BrainDTech is invited by the Danish Embassy to present at the Danish-Italian Business Club Meeting 18/12/2018